Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy Halloween, Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Sorry it's so long, really there isn't a major excuse other than I've just been getting used to the working life with 3 kids. At times it's overwhelming, but we're getting it down.

Today Jim took Lauren to see Dr. Danter for me, she is growing so big, so fast. At 6 months old (on Jan. 9th) she weighs 17lbs-2 oz and is 27.5 inches long. She's in the 96th percentile for height...I can't believe how long she is. She is a smiley happy giggly baby. She is easily amused by Allie and Jake and giggles at them when they scare her. She's eating like crazy and sleeping good as well. We are working on her sitting up, she can sit pretty well in a "tripod" stance but she likes to arch her back, so we can't leave her yet. She enjoys her jumparoo a lot and is rolling over. I don't think she is going to be too ambitious to begin crawling. Anytime we lay her on her back instantly she rolls over, she even starts to roll before her tummy hits the floor. I guess she'll roll her way around the floor.

Jake is doing good. His allergies are taken over him right now...poor thing. He's growing like a weed into a tall, lean, little boy. He is enjoying his Geotrax that he got for Christmas and he loves to cut paper. He likes to make grass. He's maturing into a "kid" now and out of the toddler phase. He's still doing preschool at Angie's where he's been working on manners. He's still crazy about Lauren, he calls her Lolo Paige, and invades her space with hundreds of kisses STILL! She's learning to bat at his face and he gets so insulted by it, but she's showing her frustration.

Allie is still 5 going on 25...she's my little Diva. She had a great Christmas and got her wish...she asked Santa for a plane ticket to Vegas. About every adult that asked Allie what she wanted about choked when they heard her response. After explaining that her aunt is there it made sense. She is doing good in school. She's still a social butterfly and makes a new best friend everyday. She will be turning 6 in a few weeks and she is so excited to celebrate and has a master plan for the big day. She cracks me up. She's extremely motherly to Lauren and such a great help. Lauren just loves her and loves the attention Allie gives to her.

Matt and I are both doing good. I was surprised by the best Christmas present ever (besides my leather jacket in 7th grade, Mom and Dad :-) ) by Matt. He bought me the Digital SLR camera that I have been wanting forever. It is so awesome and I just love playing with it. I can't wait to learn more about the settings...in the meantime, I'm driving everyone nuts by snapping pictures all of the time. I just love it. He also got me a "Family Necklace" that has a different charm for each kid, our anniversary, and our initials. I love it. I'll try and post pictures of it when I get a chance.

Hope everyone enjoyed all of the Holidays between now and my previous posting!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Congratulations Kendra on your new baby girl, Alana Michelle, born this morning!

Hugs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment