Sunday, July 26, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

We have had an extremely busy and sad week. Matt's Grandma Betty passed away on Tuesday. We all miss her so much, but it was nice to "celebrate" her life with family after the funeral. There were many fun stories shared and it was great to be in good company with family and friends. Today is her birthday and we wish her a good one.

Yesterday was busy as well. We had a shower for my soon to be niece (Derrick and Jen's baby girl). It was a lot of fun. There were so many people that I had not seen because of being on bed rest, so I was able to get caught up with everyone.

Matt's 30th was yesterday as well. So he had to leave and go hit golf balls while there were 5o women in his house. I know he didn't mind hitting balls. We celebrated with naps in the afternoon and then dinner and presents. Next year we'll have to throw him a big bash...we both knew that it would be hectic this year with little Lauren arriving so close.

We celebrated with his family this morning at First Watch. The last time I had eaten there Matt and I found out that we were having a little girl. That was about 20 weeks ago...time flies. Renee then treated the girls, everyone but Lauren, to pedicures. It was fun for all of the girls to go out and do something. Allie ended up with purple toes and polka dots. She knew what she wanted!

I think we are beginning to adjust to Miss Lauren. Jake and Allie have learned that coming in our room isn't so fun with a baby crying in the middle of the night. They are both very helpful and are looking forward to taking a bath with her, I don't know why, but they want to so bad. Allie picks out her clothes for me and blankets. Jake is my diaper and wipe boy. They are great siblings to her. She is growing, at least to me she seems like it. She doesn't have all the rolls I would like, but soon she'll get there. She loves to be held and during the day when the kids are gone and Matt's at work I just hold her and kiss her and snuggle.

Well, I will update later in the week.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely post. Mom's passing is so sad, but at least she is with BJ and dad and no pain. Lauren is growing so much. changes everytime I see her! Shower was great fun and thanks again for hosting. now back to ADL...yuk, oh well. take care love ya

    ReplyDelete