Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm Home!!

Sorry for the delay in updating...we had a busy weekend. Well, everyone that was here cleaning and helping get Lauren's room together had a busy weekend. I had to sit in my bed and dish out orders. While that may sound like fun, I really wanted to be able to help do clean, organize, and get upstairs. I still haven't made it up there. So my Mom and sister have pretty much taken over and made sure that they could get her stuff together, get Jake's old clothes in storage, organize our closet, etc...

Thank you thank you thank you to our parents for really helping us out to throughout my stay in the hospital to keep our house moving.

I got to go home on Thursday evening. Matt came up and got me and we were able to say good bye to my nurses. Allie, Renee, and Jessica had come up earlier in the day to bring cupcakes to everyone. Allie wanted to stay in the nurses station the whole time and just talk with the nurses. I really think that she is going to be in the medical field in some way or another...maybe because throughout her little life we've been in the hospital for multiple months. She's really hoping this baby comes soon.

Anyway, I'm rambling and writing this all out of order, but the main thing is that I'm home. I'm still on complete bed rest which let me say is much harder here than at the hospital; however, my husband keeps me down and my kids are great about just coming in my bedroom. I do make it out to the couch for spurts and I have an anti-gravity chair where I can sit outside when the kids are playing. I did get sunburned on my shoulders in a matter of like 20 minutes.

I'm glad to be home, in my own bed, surrounded by my family that I missed daily. It's still difficult not to be able to "run" the house now that I'm home but I'm sure once there are 3 kids running around complete bed rest will seem like a treat.

I hope you all had a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Jaime that is so awesome! I can't imagine how nice it feels just to be in your own bed!

    ReplyDelete