Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy 36 Weeks!

Today marks Lauren's 36 week birthday. We are thrilled to put another week under our belt. Yesterday I had an appointment and things are pretty much the same as they have been despite that my cervix has thinned a little bit. The true test will be any change in timing and the intensity of contractions or obviously my water breaking.

We are slowly putting away our "don't go into labor" thoughts and getting very excited about the arrival of this little girl.

Lastnight my friends came over and showered me with lots of clothes and goodies for Lauren. One night in the hospital I realized that Lauren can't share clothes with Allie because their sizes and seasons won't work...I panicked (just a little) because I am not where I can get out and get the stuff that we need. My friends obviously listened to my hysteria. Thank you girls for the clothes and goodies and of course the good time.

Allie and Jake have been busy as ever. They get to go swimming on the days where they go to Nae Nae and Papa's house. They are so bronzed right now they don't even look like my children. They cannot get enough swimming right now. After they get home from the pool and they have eaten dinner we typically go to the neighbor's house for another swim with the neighborhood kids or pull out the slip n slide. I sit outside in my chair and just laugh.

The neighborhood boys (4 of them at about age 3) are going to be trouble. In fact they already rule the roost. It's pretty funny. Each of them are working on their potty training and so there is a lot of in and out action going on in the pool. Allie's typically the ring leader getting everyone to race or splash.

Speaking of potty training, Jake is still doing pretty good. He has the pottying down, it's the number 2 that we still need a little help with, but yesterday he did do it. I had to sit with him in the bathroom because it was taking so long and he was getting frustrated. I am very proud of him for doing so well. He loves to get high fives and praise after each visit.

Well, I'll keep you posted on everything. If something happens I'll make sure to update as quickly as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment