Monday, May 11, 2009

A busy weekend for everyone. . .

Lots of things were happening this weekend.

My parents and Matt with the help of Jim and Renee's babysitting the kids got Lauren's bedroom all ready. They did a molding on the walls that is sooo pretty and then painted the molding white and the walls are a chocolate milk color. I am very impressed with how it turned out. I told Matt to just pick what he wanted and he did and it looks amazing. Thanks Mom and Dad for working hard to get it all done!! Allie called me and told me that it looked really good and so if I have the approval of a little girl who only likes pink, I'm pretty confident that it looks good. I think she did suggest pink polka dots on the molding though ;-)

I will hopefully get some pictures from my Mom and post them so you all can see.

It is a huge relief to have her room done...it's little things like that on my "to do" list that occupy my mind all of the time.

Saturday and Sunday I was having more patterned contractions. On Saturday it was late enough that they were able to give me my procardia earlier and I went to bed and did okay. Yesterday was a different story. The doseage of medicine didn't really slow them down and so I got a shot of tributaline (sp?) and then they stopped. I have been okay so far today with the occasional contraction. The acceptable range for me is no more than 4-6 an hour. I was having 4 an hour yesterday and the measures taken may have been a little more extreme than I thought they would be, but I didn't have anymore.

The kids came up yesterday and we had a great visit. The best part was being sandwiched in my bed between Allie and Jake. Allie got down to color and the next thing I knew Jake was asleep in my arms...just like at home. It was so great to snuggle with him. They behaved so well yesterday so time flew so fast and I was sad that they had to go.

Well, that's the weekend update. Looking forward to rolling over to week 30! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the pics on moms camera and the room looks sooo good. It's exactly how I wanted Dad to do Maddie's room but we weren't able to. Love you and glad you are doing good. Stay in there Miss Lauren. We are all very excited to meet you but I think we would prefer to wait til July! Keep growing strong in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jamie, I have spent the last hour reading all of your info.. I had no idea this all was happening and I feel horrible I havent been by or called.. Please if Ben or I can help in any way with the kid or anything let me know.. Hang in there... We love ya.. Julie kandlbinder

    ReplyDelete