Friday, May 1, 2009

Test Number 2 Results

Well yesterday's cervical length test wasn't exactly great news. It appears that my cervix has shortened so my dreams of being in my king sized bed with my kiddos all around me (and Matt too) are put on hold. Maybe later I can feel comfortable about being at home, still too early.

It was Lauren's 28th week BD yesterday and that was something to celebrate. I remember looking at the calendar when I first got admitted thinking that 28 weeks seemed so far away, but it's finally here and now we can shoot for our next goal of 30 weeks.

I would like to ask for your prayers for a close friend of Matt's family, Angie. She is carrying triplets and was admitted to Labor and Delivery on Wednesday night with preterm labor. We know how scared she must be and we just ask that you pray for her 3 baby girls to grow and stay put. I am praying that Angie and I will be on the same floor soon.

Tonight is a special night. We reserved the "play room" as my kids call it down the hall for my Birthday. We are having my favorite birthday cake and a party...quite a big day for me. I have permission to go as long as I'm reclined. I know my kids are excited to be able to be in that room. It has toys, a Wii, scrap booking stuff, movies, games...it's a really nice place for families to hang out. I have a feeling Matt is going to watch me like a hawk to make sure that I don't move. I think he was going to have them wheel me in my bed across the hall. LOL! It's literally 10 feet across the hall, but I think I have to get a wheel chair. I can't wait to be able to walk around!!

I am so sad to not be able to plant flowers this spring or be outside and enjoy our grass and of course the kids running around in the yard. Soon enough I'll be wishing I was back in confinement when I have my hands full with 3 crazy kids. I'm dreaming for that day to get here!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jaime! Have tonight at your birthday party! I wish we could be there with you but I know you will have fun the kiddos! Don't do too much moving around! We need baby Lauren to stay put for awhile. I love you and eat some cake for me since I don't like chocolate cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! I am so glad you get to celebrate and have a party! Take care of Miss Lauren. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was truly a great time!! hang tight, before you know it you'll be waking up at home in that king size bed getting up to feed Ms Lauren!!! love

    ReplyDelete