Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Needles x 4

Well I had a Glucose Tolerance Test (testing for Gestational Diabetes) yesterday in which I just assumed I had passed. I found out this morning that I am within range of passing but it was high enough to do a repeat. The repeat is a series of 4 needles in 4 hours after drinking some glucocola (sp?).

Anyone who knows me, realizes that I would rather be thrown down a flight of stairs or punched in the face rather than to be stuck with a needle. It's a phobia...something that I cannot seem to kick. So I called Matt in a panic to calm me down. He of course did. When I remind myself of why I have to do this it's definitely worth it and I am not anxious. I always do this...I get myself in a panic until the time comes and I always manage to deal with it and it's never as bad as what my worrying has made it out to be.

So my normally quiet week has been busy. Thursday I will have another cervical scan and a growth ultrasound. Looking forward to seeing Miss Lauren on the big screen.

An update on Angie, our friend. She has moved up to antepardum and we are excited. She moved up yesterday and while neither of us have wheelchair rights at this time I hear she's doing good.

Well pray that the test results are in my our favor. I will update with the news.

1 comment: