Saturday, May 30, 2009

Team Ash's Cancer Walk

Today Matt went to Ashley Twellman's annual "cancer free" walk at Creve Coeur Lake. He had Jake in the stroller and Allie apparently ran about a mile out of almost 4 miles. I should add that Ashley is 37 weeks pregnant and this walk was a hopeful attempt to induce her labor. Matt told me that she was the fastest pregnant lady he'd ever seen and that he had trouble keeping up with her. Go Ash!!



By the time they got here at noon Allie had been asleep. She told me her leg muscles were sore...I am pretty confident that she was wanted a leg massage and hours of back scratching.



The kids were great today. Allie made another sun catcher for my window, she played teacher and hang-glide (she means hang-man) in which we always lose even when guessing the correct letters. Then she needed to clean up her mess which involves tons of foaming hand sanitizer and rags and she cleaned the white board, the chairs, the floors. I'm positive that the white board has never been more clean.



Jake pretty much sat with me and ate, drank out of my water cup, ate more, climbed all over Matt in the other bed or in the chair when Matt sat in the chair. Matt has become Jake's jungle gym. He was very gentle with me and gave Lauren lots of kisses and hugs. He fought a nap the entire time which is why he was so active today. He started to fall asleep at about 3pm and I told Matt he better get going or else he was going to miserable. So off they went, not without injury of course. Allie's toe was injured when they both were sitting in the recliner chair and she tried to move it and it ran over her big toe and broke the skin above the toe nail. Of course blood makes it hurt worse and she couldn't walk out of the hospital...Matt had Allie on his head and carried Jake.



I called at about 3:15 and they were both asleep in the car.



I believe there will be pictures of the walk today and you can see all the friends and family who celebrate Ashley being cancer free. I will post some if they come my way.



Christi, thanks for taking the kids for a couple of hours last night. Allie's mani/pedi looked great!

I'll update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment